Super Version BMW ICOM A2 (SP168-BO) Firmware Update Steps and Note
Hinweis: This hardware update is not for every customer, ONLY for those who owns the newest software and the newest software cannot be connected or cannot diagnose vehicle, but the old version icom software for bmw can diagnose the vehicle.
1. Use Network cable to connect Super version BMW ICOM A2 (item NO. SP168-BO) with computer, charge Super version BMW ICOM A2 with 12V power adapter or connect Super version ICOM A2 with the BMW vehicle.
2. Open IE Internet Exploer, browse http://169.254.33.45:60080/, log in with username/password: root/NZY1150263
3. Click “Update Firmware”, you will see ICOM firmware version information.
4. Choose file “ICOM-BootImage-01-13-00.bin”, set image type to SYSTEM, click “Send the file”.
5. When it pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click “Yes”, then ICOM indicator light will turn red.
6. When it pops up “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successfull”, click “Update Firmware”.
7. Choose “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-18-00.bin”, set image type to APPLICATION, click “Send the file”, it will spend several minutes since the file is a little bit large.
8. When it pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click “Yes”, then the ICOM indicator light will turn red for the second times.
9. When it finish upgrading, click “reboot”.
1. Setting up your computer to obtain an IP address automatically
2. Firstly choose the smaller file “ICOM-BootImage-01-13-00.bin” , then set image type to SYSTEM;
Secondly choose the bigger file “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-18-00.bin”, then set image type to APPLICATION.